Position Details: Project Coordinator
|07-10-19 (07:18 PM)
|14200 E Exposition Ave, Aurora, CO, 80012
The Professional Services Team a specialized team within Johnson Controls Building Technologies and Solutions division that focuses on strategic security solutions for the enterprise focusing at the platform, database, and application level.
The team supports the entire lifecycle of an engagement - from Vision & Engineering through Implementation. Our customers include our internal teams (Sales, Engineering, and Operations) as well as the end user. By focusing on organizational needs, business process optimization, and advanced technologies we provide a compelling Value Proposition as a fundamental layer of the Centers of Excellence global strategic support model. What constitutes Professional Services is always a changing definition as we must be responsive to the latest market and technology trends and develop new services.
Our team consists of subject matter experts in a wide variety of products and services offered by Johnson Controls including Strategic Architects, Operations Leadership, Program Managers, Coordinators, Application Experts, and Programing & Commissioning services.
Our mandate is company-wide and global and is delivered through a combination of primarily remote services in addition to on-site capabilities. Team members are in various locations around North America and include employees and contractors totaling 32 as of July 2018 and has experienced over 50% growth in the past 2 years.
The role of the Associate, Professional Services is to support programming and commissioning work as a part of a team effort. Supporting projects and accounts in this manner and focusing on learning and honing the skills needed to be successful in a solo role in the future.
This position is responsible for providing precise and efficient handling of requests and tasks assigned to them.
The Associate, Professional Services role reports to the Operations Manager of Professional Services and will take the majority of their day-to-day assignments from one or more Coordinators, Professional Services.
The role requires no travel and must be seated within one of our Centers of Excellence.
Role Competencies and Qualifications
Success in this role requires the ability to consistently perform detailed configuration work in a software user interface and to follow directions clearly when testing and commissioning the hardware components that are directly controlled by that configuration.
Since this is an entry level role with the Professional Services team, training and learning are a core part of the job. For the first several months, the time spent training versus performing the work will transition from 100% training to 25% training and 75% performing as the Associate becomes familiar with various systems, processes, and expectations.
Written and verbal communication skills should be well honed as the bulk of the work performed by the associate will require reading and sending effective email communication and verbally communicating with technicians and customers in order to successfully complete work tasks.
• Programming/Configuring Access Control and Video Management systems.
• Configuring camera and recording devices per customer specifications.
• Commissioning access control and video systems to ensure proper functioning to customer and industry standards.
• Accessing customer networks and systems to perform configuration and commissioning work.
• Reading and interpreting scope of work documents.
• Some afterhours work may be required depending on workload and customer location/time zone.
• Attending training sessions, either online or in person, to attain working knowledge and certifications related to the systems used by Professional Services. Expenses related to this training will be paid by Professional Services management.
• Requires 3+ years of customer service or customer support experience.
• Requires 2+ years of direct support of IT systems or products.
• Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
• Advanced computer software skills including MS Office, Salesforce, Smartsheet, and web-based resources.
• Intermediate knowledge of network infrastructure.
• Industry, professional, and product certifications are preferred.
• Experience with electronic security products or the electronic security industry preferred.
• High School Diploma/GED is required. Associates Degree or higher in a technical field preferred.