Position Details: Solution Architect
|07-18-19 (08:08 PM)
|68 Culver Road, Smithfield, RI, 02917
Client is looking for an Solution Architect for a contracting position with the RxDW team. Position summary, R&R are below. Please send profiles that are qualified for this requirement. Position is based out of Smithfield, RI.
The Solution architect will lead the Architecture/development functions for the Oracle team within the Retail Pharmacy Data Warehouse.
The solution architect will coach and mentor Oracle Developers; define and develop architecture standards and best practices, participate in discussion with business, provide technical leadership on development projects and drive the project execution. The architect lead will be responsible for creating, reviewing and maintaining oracle related system architecture documentation, and create detail design documents that will be followed by the Oracle developers to build the applications. The Application architect should be hands-on and well versed in all aspects of a Oracle based application lifecycle from design to deploy and should have expertise in fine tuning code, configuration and environment to achieve the performance, scalability and stability goals of the application. Exposure to developing OLTP application is must.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Communicating functional/technical requirements to application development teams and tracking work status
- Perform Project architecture and development (coding) roles as required
- Problem solving and troubleshooting design and development issues and provide appropriate solutions
- Assist in deploying/migrating & supporting a product within production environment; serve as the subject matter expert for systems in production - helping to ensure a stable, robust production environment
- Identify gaps/bottlenecks in server configuration/capacity, connection/concurrency settings, session management etc. and partner with middleware and operating system administration teams to optimize the server environment for optimal application performance
- 10+ years of experience with Oracle, PL/SQL
- 5+ years’ experience in solution architecture.
- 3+ years of experience Data Architecture
- Knowledge of Oracle on-premise and cloud applications are a plus.
- Experience leading virtual teams composed of business and technology resources
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize activities
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Experience in using multiple SDLC methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile)
- Experience with web-service and ETL integration between vendor and in-house applications (REST, SOAP, IBM API Connect, DataStage, Informatica etc.)
- Skilled communicator, leader, influencer, negotiator and presenter
- Familiarity with Retail/Healthcare
- Experience creating and maintaining architecture perspectives and roadmaps
- Experience working with the design, integration and/or support of vendor packages within an overall enterprise architecture
- Capable of communicating effectively across a diverse workforce to ensure work transitions efficiently, without interruption
- Capable of leading the team to adopt new and evolving changes to technology and process
- Ability to partner with individuals and teams across the Enterprise to achieve project and departmental goals